The year 2014 was said to be the year of smartwear and the next year could see a number of products going 'smart'. One of the first of these upcoming products is the AMPL SmartBackpack which apparently has already won the innovations award at CES 2015.
Apart from carrying your gadgets, the backpack contains seven USB connectors which are all connected to an 18.5 watt-hour (Wh) battery which can fully charge your smartphone between 2 and 3 times. There is also support for up to three modular SmartBatteries. Two sizes of battery are available, one in TabletBoost (another 18.5Whs), the other a LaptopBoost model (another 55Whs).
Apart from that, you get a scratch-resistant molded nylon shell which houses an OLED display and touch controls for system vital readouts. The backpack also lets you know how much charge has been accomplished, which device needs more time, and so on.
The backpack will cost $299 (Rs.18,000) and expansion SmartBatteries start at $59 (Rs.3500) for the TabletBoost model and $139 (Rs.8500) for the LaptopBoost model. There is also an optional SmartInverter for $179 (Rs.11000)
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015