After unveiling its plans for bringing 4K streaming to our homes back in July, Tata Sky has finally launched India’s first 4K set top box in India. The launch is intentionally timed right before the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, so that fans could enjoy the cricket matches in 4K quality.
The new 4K set top box will be capable of streaming content in 4K Ultra High Definition, with Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 Surround Sound. 4K is four times the pixels (resolution of 3840x2160) of the current industry standard of HD (1920x1080) streaming, which gives the viewers better clarity and more vivid colours. Along with 4K content, the set top box can also stream Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) channels. To view the 4K content, you will obviously need a 4K TV too.
In July 2014, Tata Sky had announced its plans for launching 4K set top boxes by early next year and we were showcased a live 4K broadcast of the FIFA World Cup 2014 match between France and Germany. Since there isn’t much 4K content available currently, jumping into the 4K bandwagon might not be the right choice, but would definitely make you future ready for the 4K that would soon follow in the coming years.
New subscribers can get the 4K set top box at Rs. 6,400 while the existing subscribers can get it for Rs. 5,900. You can either buy the box as your first connection or an additional set top box with the Tata Sky MultiTV connection option. If you are looking forward to buy the 4K set top box, you can pre-book through Tata Sky’s 24x7 helpline, website and any dealer.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015