Google's India born CEO, Sundar Pichai is all set to host the Google for India event in the national capital of New Delhi, next week. According to reports, this is Pichai's first overseas trip after taking over as CEO of Google. Pichai will address audiences at the Google for India event, where he will deliver a keynote speech on the company's future plans for India.
During his trip to India, Pichai is also expected to meet President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Pichai and Modi had met earlier this year during the PM's visit to the silicon valley. Another item on Pichai's agenda includes addressing students and faculty members at Sri Ram College of Commerce in New Delhi.
Recent events suggest that Google has a strong India strategy ahead. The company has just launched a website showcasing Indian start-ups and their founders. A recent report by Google also states that India has the third highest number of start-ups in the world. Google has also entered into a collaboration with the Indian Railways to provide Wi-Fi services at 500 railway stations by 2016. Earlier in the year, Pichai had also announced that users will soon be able to type in 11 Indian languages on the Android platform.
You can check out Google's digital India page here. You can also check out the agenda for the 'Google for India' event here. For more details on the Google for India event, stay tuned to Digit.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015