I want to buy a PC and my Budget is Rs 30,000 to 35,000. I am doing a course of animation and VFX. Please tell me the best configuration that I can get in this budget. Also mention the prices of the required hardware like CPU, motherboard, RAM, graphics card, LCD monitor and must tell about cabinet and the power supply. Tell me which O/S is better for animation and gaming - XP or Vista. Also tell about a good internal T.V. tuner card.
DIGIT ANSWERS: For a budget of Rs 35,000, you should be able to get the following components (note that prices are indicative and are likely to change):
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (Around Rs 5,500)
- Motherboard: Abit IP35-E or Biostar TP35D2-A7 (Around Rs 5,000)
- Graphics card: GeForce 9600GT (Around Rs 6,500)
- Memory: 2 GB DDR2 Value RAM (Around Rs 2,000)
- Hard drive: Western Digital 640GB (WD6400AAKS)
- LCD Screen: 19” Samsung (Around Rs 8,500)
- Power supply: VIP 500W
- Generic cabinet
Windows Vista and XP are both fine for gaming as well as computer graphics work. Vista is definitely prettier but also consumes a lot more memory. With the 2 GB of RAM you put on your system, Vista should run just alright.