Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad today, to sign a MoU. Under the MoU, Microsoft will support the Andhra Pradesh government in the building of three proof-of-concept (POC) solutions in education, agriculture, and eCitizen services. The state government will also use Microsoft’s Azure Machine Learning and Advanced Visualisation for data gathering, predictive analysis, and more. Government officials would be trained in cloud technology for improving the government's services. In addition, Nadella agreed to set up a Centre for Excellence in Visakhapatnam.
Nadella is also scheduled to visit the technology incubator, T-Hub, where he will interact with entrepreneurs. The T-Hub is said to be the largest technology incubator in the country and houses about 130 start-ups. Nadella has requested the interaction to be a low-key event as he is on a personal visit to India and wishes to spend most of the time with his parents.
Google CEO, Sundar Pichai had visited India earlier this month. During his address at the Google For India event in New Delhi, Pichai talked about a number of different projects that the company was working on. He announced that the company was working with the Indian Railways and Railtel to provide free Wi-Fi in train stations. Mumbai Central will be the first railway station to offer the service in India, and by the end of the year, Google plans on introducing the service in 100 stations.
Pichai had also announced the the company plans on expanding its program to connect women in rural India via an initiative called ‘Internet Saathi’. The aim of the initiative is to provide basic training and use of the internet. This will be done via specially-designed cycles which will provide internet access. The initiative plans on reaching three lakh villages in three years. Other announcements made by Pichai included the expansion of its offices in India, the launch of the Asus Chromebit and Project Loon, as well as other services like ‘Tap to Translate’ and the ‘Indic’ keyboard.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015