The IFA week is underway and as is usual, Samsung has been amongst the firs to announce its new smartphones. Rumours about Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 had been doing the rounds for quite a while now and Samsung finally unveiled the device today at its Samsung Unpacked 2014 event in IFA Berlin.
- Galaxy Note Edge
- Gear S smartwatch
- Gear VR headset.
Here's what you need to know about each of these products.
- The Galaxy Note 4 has a 5.7 inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED display with a 2,560x1,440 pixel resolution. It is powered by a 2.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC and has a 16 MP rear camera along with a 3.7 MP front camera. The device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS and also sports a heart rate monitor like the Galaxy S5 and runs on a 3,220 mAh battery.
- The front camera on the Note 4Where to buy 12999 has a 90 degree viewing angle with a panorama-like mode. This helps you cover more area when taking selfies etc.
- Samsung also about the fast charging feature, which allows users to charge the battery from 0% to almost 50% in half an hour.
- The Note 4Where to buy 12999 also has a metallic frame along the sides.
Galaxy Note Edge
- This is basically the same phone as the Note 4Where to buy 12999, but it has a curved display, which bends on one side of the device. This creates a thin new screen, which can be used for app shortcuts, notifications, video playback, camera control etc.
- The device is the first of its kind from Samsung or any other manufacturer.
- It also has a heart rate sensor, UV detector, barometer, gyroscope, accelerometer and GPS Sensor.
- The Gear S can hold a SIM card and has its own 3G modem. This allows users to make calls through the watch, using the Samsung Circle Bluetooth headset.
- Interestingly, while the device is designed to exist separately, you need a Galaxy smartphone to set it up initially or download apps on it. So, you can’t actually own the Gear S without a Galaxy smartphone that is supported by it.
- The device also sports a curved display.
- The Gear VR is Samsung’s virtual reality headset, powered by Ocullus Rift.
- This gives the Gear VR a Quad-HD screen as well.
- Samsung has partnered with the likes of Marvel, Cirque-de-soleil, IMAX, Dreamworks and many others for content on the Gear VR.
While the smartphones and smartwatch will be available in October, Samsung didn't announce when the Gear VR headset will be made available commercially.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015