Interview with Anand Swaminathan, Director, Zicom Retails
What kind security system do you think a normal middle class home needs to install?
There are two types of security systems for a household namely - Home Alarm System and Video Door phone. While Video Door Phone is a stand-alone system to detect and prevent intrusion; ‘Home Alarm System’ is a holistic system, which protects a household on the parameters of intrusion, motion, glass break, fire and gas leak. In case an event is detected by the system, then the Hooter will start sounding an alarm.
How difficult is it to use and maintain such security systems?
It is not difficult at all to use these security systems, which come with user-friendly applications that are easy to operate. Like any other electronic items, they are susceptible to dust, moisture etc. so if proper care is taken and regular upkeep is maintained, then the system will keep on giving good service. Plus, Zicom also has an online trouble-shooting centre, where a user can get any query answered.
Tell us about your best-selling home security systems?
Video Door Phone is our best-selling home security system. This system gives you the ability to peep out of the front door from any room of the house and interact with the visitor without opening the door. We have an extensive range of aesthetically designed and elegant looking Video Door Phones to suit every buyer’s need. The product range consists of Black & White with Handset, Black & White Hands free, Large Screen Colour Handsfree, and Large Screen Colour Handsfree with Photoframe.
What initiatives are you taking to bring about growth in your company?
We are focussing on penetrating deeper into the market. We plan to appoint 5000 dealers in the next 2-3 years. Our plan envisages a focus on corporate and institutional segment, where the business potential is very high. Recently we have put in place a direct sales team, which will exclusively focus on the builders and architects vertical.
Who is your main competitor in India?
Competition is getting hotter by the day, especially in the corporate segment. But the good news is that now we are seeing branded entrants in this market and so there is a level playing field unlike in the past, when we were having competition from unbranded Made in China products.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015