Amazon India sellers are experiencing a boom in sales growth, with sales number surging almost eight to 10 times. According to Gopal Pillai, Director & GM, Seller Services, Amazon India, the growth in sales numbers can be attributed to the festive season rush. Every year, the festive season brings out online shoppers in great numbers. This year, e-commerce platform Flipkart earned almost $300 million, during its Big Billion Days Sale, which lasted for five days in October.
Lucrative discount deals on Amazon are currently available across all categories on its website. Sellers have been pouring in on the website, and according to Pillai, more than 24,000 new sellers have registered on Amazon, in the month of September alone. "While around 50% of the sellers are from Tier Two and Tier Three cities, the percentage of customers from those regions have increased to around 65%," Pillai added.
Amazon is also working towards training sellers for the website, with programmes such as Seller University, Amazon Trained E-commerce Specialists (ATES) and Easy Ship. The company also helps sellerd complete orders under its Seller Flex program, which makes use of Amazon's fulfillment technology.
Earlier in the month, Amazon was also in the news for fake seller reviews of products, but it does not seem to have hampered the popularity of the online giant. On the other hand, the company is also using Artificial Intelligence to get rid of fake sellers and reviewers. Alongside, Amazon is also hoping to double its investment in its India chapter, in light of the phenomenal response that they have witnessed from both consumers and sellers.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015