A fortnight before the much-anticipated Windows 10 launch, Microsoft has enlisted New Delhi among 13 cities to host the universal launch of Windows 10. The upcoming operating system from Microsoft will be unveiled on July 29 across 190 nations, either as a free upgrade to existing Windows customers or in new tablets and PCs. Microsoft is also scheduled to introduce Windows 10 for Phones, soon after the launch of its desktop version.
Windows 10 has been much spoken about in recent times. It has released a number of builds in its Windows Insider circles - fixing bugs, adding new features and improving user experience. We had reported last week about a possible release-to-manufacturing (RTM) build to be issued by last Saturday. Despite Microsoft not meeting that rumoured timeline, Windows 10’s final build is surely just around the corner. Windows 10 is being called the final version of Windows, meaning that it will be given continuous service updates by Microsoft. It is believed to be faster, safer and more stable, and features new applications and aspects like a revamped Start menu, Microsoft Edge browser, a new Photos app, an Xbox app and Microsoft’s intelligent personal assistant, Cortana.
Yusuf Mehdi, Senior Vice-President of Microsoft, claimed via Windows Blog that Windows 10 is “the best Windows ever”. He added, “When we make Windows 10 available on July 29, we’ll focus on delivering a great upgrade experience. And we’ll celebrate the 5 million Windows Insiders and fans who played such an instrumental role in shaping Windows 10. We will host global fan celebrations, join thousands of retailers to help customers upgrade to Windows 10, and welcome the newest generation of Windows fans via a new global advertising campaign and through online content. Better still, we will also celebrate people and organizations who upgrade our world every day. We will help them do more in their communities through a new year-long initiative, called Upgrade Your World.”
As part of a build up to launch celebrations, Microsoft has introduced #UpgradeYourWorld on social media platforms for people to share community impact stories. Microsoft has also included India among 10 nations who will be offered services of non-profit nominations who have tied up with Microsoft, and 100 local winners will receive cash rewards to upgrade their work.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015