Microsoft has opened its Cyber Security Engagement Center (CSEC) in Gurgaon, India. The center will be one of the seven such locations worldwide, and will serve as a dedicated hub for Microsoft in India. The aim is to drive public-private partnerships to fight cyber crimes and strengthen cooperation with Indian businesses, government and academic organisations on cyber security. It also hopes to increase the company’s contribution towards protecting Indian computer and internet users against cybercrime threats.
Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman, Microsoft India said in a statement, “India stands at an exciting threshold today as data becomes a key driver of growth across every sector and industry and Cloud based computing becomes more prevalent. Cybersecurity is crucial for Digital India. A data driven economy can flourish only when governments, businesses and individuals have access to hyper scale and hyper flexible cloud computing with the confidence that their data is secure. Our Cyber Security Engagement Center in Gurgaon underlines our relentless commitment to security and partnering India in its digital transformation.”
The CSEC will also bring together Microsoft’s Digital Crime Unit (DCU) experts, which comprise attorneys, investigators and security response experts from the company. Further, as the CSEC is a part of Microsoft Consultancy Services (MCS), a dedicated response team based in India will offer cyber monitoring and machine learning-based detection technology in the country. This team will ensure quick response and resolution to cyber threats to enterprise customers. Further, the CSEC will utilize DCU’s Cyber Threat Intelligence Program that monitors and analyses malware infections. Through this software, it aims to provide a malware threat assessment and offer actionable information for select IP infrastructures shared by its customers on a noncommercial basis.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015