Meizu has launched its newest flagship device, the Pro 5. It comes with a 5.7-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass. At the back of the phone is a 21MP camera, while there is a 5MP camera at the front. It is powered by an Exynos 7420 processor. The phone will have a 3050mAh battery, and will be available in two variants. The first comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory and costs RMB 2,799, which is approximately Rs. 28,950. The other variant comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory, and is priced at RMB 3,099 which is about Rs. 32,000.
Additionally, the Meizu Pro 5 features mCharge 2.0 technology, which Meizu claims to allow the phone to give users up to 65% of battery capacity, in 30 minutes of charging. The phone also comes with mTouch 2.1, which is the company’s latest generation of fingerprint sensor. The device has a USB Type-C port. Meizu says that the the USB Type-C cable is redesigned with better materials and crafted with copper products to “improve the daily plugging-in experience.” The device comes with Android v5.0 Lollipop with Meizu’s own Flyme OS v5 layered over it.
Rumours of Meizu’s next flagship phone being powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 processor first appeared earlier this month. A screenshot showing the AnTuTu benchmark score of a Meizu device called NIUX with the Exynos 7420 SoC had leaked on Weibo. As per the screenshot, the device managed to get a score of 69000. However, the latest AnTuTu benchmark shows that the device is capable of a score of 75429.
Meizu’s president and co-founder, Bai Yongxiang had earlier said that 2K resolution on smartphone’s weren’t logical, and 1080p resolution was enough. The company’s VP, Li Nan, posted renders of the phone and would later confirm the name of the flagship phone.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015