It’s no doubt that technology can make the most mundane tasks simple and fun. The Internet of Things (IoT) presents a very big promise of making our daily tasks more interesting, efficient and cost effective. But, when you hear about a real candle that can be both lit and extinguished using an iPhone, you can’t help but wonder with amazement at just how far man has come from rubbing some stones together to using a smartphone that can make fire.
LuDela is a US based technology company dedicated to developing smart lighting solutions. The LuDela candle is a first-of-its-kind device that can produce a real flame, sports a dimmer switch, houses various modes, enables users to set timers and is powered by a Li-ion battery. The candle can be remotely controlled using a corresponding iPhone app, that also sends safety alerts to users. In it’s long list of cool features, the smart candle includes an auto-extinguish mode which blows out the flame in unsafe situations. It is said to house some unspecified environmental sensors, through which the smart candle scans its own surroundings before ignition, so as to avoid accidents. Sounds like something straight out of a sci-fi movie, doesn’t it?
The LuDela candle is now up for pre-order in the US for $99 (Rs. 6,635). Watch the LuDela candle in action below.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015