A group of researchers from Microsoft Research and MIT have invented what can be deemed as a breakthrough wearable. DuoSkin is a smart temporary tattoo that can remotely control your smartphone and share data using NFC.
The technology uses a skin-friendly gold metal leaf, to demonstrate three types of on-skin interfaces, namely - sensing touch input, displaying output, and wireless communication. The research, as described on MIT’s website, states, “ DuoSkin devices enable users to control their mobile devices, display information, and store information on their skin while serving as a statement of personal style. We believe that in the future, on-skin electronics will no longer be black-boxed and mystified; instead, they will converge towards the user friendliness, extensibility, and aesthetics of body decorations, forming a DuoSkin integrated to the extent that it has seemingly disappeared.”
As of now, there is no information available on the commercialisation of DuoSkin, or when it will be available for purchase. However, those interested, can sign-up for DuoSkin updates here.
Watch the video below to see the DuoSkin tattoos in action.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015