LeEco’s Chairman, YT Jia has reaffirmed the importance of the Indian market to the company. At an investor meeting in Beijing, Jia stated, “India represents the future and its user value may surpass China in a few years.” LeEco has started a new phase of development, which focuses on building a strong base in existing markets.
Read the complete press release below
Leading global internet conglomerate LeEco reaffirmed the importance the Indian market has to the company amid its recent strategic realignments.
“India represents the future and its user value may surpass China in a few years,” said YT Jia, co-founder and chairman of LeEco at the company’s investor meeting in Beijing on Nov. 10.
“No matter how hard it is to crack the India market, we will try our best to grasp the opportunity there,” Jia said.
LeEco pioneers in the industry with its unique ecosystem business model that connects products and services including video streaming, TV, smartphone, content production and electric vehicles. It is also keen to expand its ecosystems around the world with presence in Hong Kong, India, Russia and the US, where India is on the priority list of LeEco.
Now LeEco embarks on a new phase of its development, from capital-fuelled expansion to building a stronger hold of existing markets and achieving higher profit, according to a previous letter Jia sent to LeEco employees.
“We will focus on China, American and India and achieve breakthroughs in these three valuable regional markets,” Jia wrote in the letter.
Since its entrance into India in January this year, LeEco has introduced two generations of its Superphone, one generation of SuperTV and entertainment membership services. It has built offices and recruited hundreds of talents in three major cities in India as well as retail networks and a local research centre.
LeEco is committed to the Indian markets and there will be new launches of LeEco products in India in the recent weeks.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015