The flash drive is named the DataTraveler MicroDuo 3C. It offers read speeds up to 100MB/s and write speeds up to 15MB/s and features a dual interface that works on both USB-A and USB-C ports, keeping in mind compatibility for both upcoming systems and the ones currently being used. It comes in a portable form factor which is both lightweight and sturdy, with dimensions of 29.94 x 16.60 x 8.44 mm.
DataTraveler MicroDuo 3C
The main feature of the DataTraveler MicroDuo 3C is that it supports a USB Type-C port. Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston believes “Our drive provides more storage, features fast data transfer speeds and helps make the new technology more accessible to consumers.” The DataTraveler comes in storage capacities of 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. While the 16 GB version comes with a 10 mb/s write speed, the 32 GB and 64 GB versions come with a 15 mb/s write speed. The entire range supports both USB 3.1 and 2.0 USB interfaces. Kingston is offering a 5 year warranty with the flash drive and free technical support as well with each purchase.
DataTraveler Micro 3.1
Apart from the USB-C flash drive, Kingston is also launching the DataTraveler Micro 3.1 USB flash drive, which is expected to come in both 16 GB and 64 GB capacities and is said to be the world’s smallest USB flash drive today. Kingston says that “it is perfect for adding more storage to your media while reducing the footprint.”
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015