Last week an American Megabot issued a challenge to Japanese Suibodashi for a giant robot battle. This week, the Japanese company accepted the challenge. “It’s interesting, I’ll give them that, but my reaction, come on guys, make it cooler. Just making something big and sticking guns to it, that’s super American,” said Kogoro Kurata, in his video accepting the American challenge. “We can’t let another country win this, giant robots are Japanese culture,” added Kurata.
Kurata though had only one condition for accepting the challenge, that there’s some melee combat, meaning hand to hand combat between the robots. “If we’re gonna win this, I want to punch them and knock them down to do it,” he said. Confident isn’t he? Just one question, does melee combat include katanas? On a side note, oh god please let it be so!
According to the challenge issued last week, the duel will be fought sometime in the next one year. Unfortunately, that’s the nearest to an actual date that either company has given right now. It should be enough time to learn all about the history of mecha fights in American and Japanese history though. You can start with Real Steel and Pacific Rim for the American side, while the Japanese part will be covered by GunXSword and Ninja Robots.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015