ISIS has opened a new technical "help desk" that offers instruction to terrorists on how to evade electronic surveillance and prevent them from committing security mistakes. A report by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) says that the help desk, called the Electronic Horizon Foundation (EHF), was launched on January 30 by several top ISIS cyber security experts. the MEMRI states, “Jihadis have long sought technical information, which has been confined in the past to various password-protected jihadi forums. However, the freedom and ease by which they can now obtain that information is alarming, especially when such information is shared over private and secure channels,"
The reports state that the EHF operates on the encrypted messaging platform, Telegram, but also has a Twitter account that disseminates information and directs its followers to a secure Telegram channel. In the announcement celebrating the launch of EHF, it said, “It is time to face the electronic surveillance, educate the mujahideen about the dangers of the Internet, and support them with the tools, directives and security explanations to protect their electronic security, so that they don't commit security mistakes that can lead to their bombardment and killing.”
Last month, it was revealed that ISIS had developed a new encrypted messaging service called Alrawi. The app was red flagged by a counter-terrorism network called Ghost Security Group which also discovered the terror outfit’s communication over Telegram. The Alrawi app is not available on the Google Play Store, but can be downloaded from other back alley platforms.
Source: The Hill
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015