The Apple IPhone 7 is the latest victim of burngate. After Samsung's Galaxy Note7 started catching fire while charging, there have been reports of the iPhone 7 catching fire too, but there hasn't been anything critical so far.
Now, an Australian woman claims her iPhone 7 caught fire while charging and burnt her hand. A Sydney woman claims she suffered severe burns after falling asleep on her iphone 7Where to buy 56222 56749 57999 while it was charging. Melanie Tan Pelaez posted a picture of her red, blistered arm on Facebook, warning others to keep phones away while charging.
"I recently purchased an Apple iphone 7Where to buy 56222 56749 57999 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath. I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it's really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else" reads the post.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that Pelaez is 15 weeks pregnant and fell asleep while watching movies on her iPhone last month. She says her doctors ran tests on her heart and blood and confirmed the influence of a foreign object. The Sydney Morning Herald also reports that Ms Pelaez took her iPhone to an Apple Store, where the executives told her "there is no way the phone could have done this to you".
The iphone 7Where to buy 56222 56749 57999 in question was recently flown to the US for testing, after Pelaez contacted Apple's executive team through their website. Apple has said the investigation would take more time to complete. "I thought this is ridiculous. I was really frustrated that I wasn't getting any response from Apple," Pelaez told Fairfax Media.
While Apple is yet to confirm the cause for Pelaez's burns, this may concern other iPhone users as well. While Apple advises against using iPhones while charging, the smartphone getting hot enough to burn a woman's hand seems far fetched. Most flagship smartphones automatically turn off once they get too hot and if the iPhone was faulty here, then it could well be an issue or malfunction. Apple is yet to offer a formal statement on the inspecttion of Pelaez's iPhone.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015