Imagination knows no bounds and this product and graphic designer from Hong Kong, Ricky Ma just did the unimaginable. He created a life-sized female robot, modelled after a Hollywood star, on the balcony of his home.
He calls his robot prototype, Mark I and has spent more than $50,000 to model this. The robot was inspired by an actor and Ricky Ma will not reveal the name because he wants to keep it a secret. Please tell us Ricky, because that robot sure does look like Scarlet Johansson, but we could be wrong!
The robot is fashionably dressed to impress! With a grey skirt and a crop top, the dark blond prototype with liquid eyes, responds to a set of programmed verbal commands which are spoken into a microphone. Besides simple movements of its arms and legs, turning its head and bowing, Ma's robot can create detailed facial expressions. Beneath the silicone skin, a 3D printed skeleton covers its mechanical and electronic parts.
Ricky Ma is hoping for an investor who will fund him to build more robots and also wants to write a book to help other enthusiasts. In an interview with the Insider, he says “I always wanted to make a robot. Ever since childhood, I thought I will make a robot when I grow up. But everyone told me off saying do you know how much money it takes”
As per a report from Wired, Ryan Calo, a law professor from the University of Washington says that Scarlett Johansson can sue Ricky Ma for impersonation, if Ma gains commercially from the robot. Meanwhile, check out the robot in the video below.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015