You may not really be interested in American Football, but Microsoft’s take on the sport will still be interesting for you. The technology giant, which happens to be the official technology sponsor for the National Football League (NFL), has come up with a video demonstrating how its HoloLens headset can redefine watching the sport at home. The video showcases big screens and real time information while you watch games. There’s even a part where a life sized Kool Aid Man bursts through the wall and you can also watch the game on your coffee table, with 3D forms enacting the game, just like a PC game.
Of course, Microsoft took the chance to make this video around the NFL, but it really could be done for any sport. Right Microsoft? If what you see in the video above can be brought to other sports, it’s definitely a big step for the company’s augmented reality headset. Microsoft has been talking about the device ever since its announcement, at the Windows 10 launch event last year. The company has also made the Windows Holographic platform, in order to help developers build for the headset.
Of course, the HoloLens does have its downside, including the fact that it’s quite bulky and wearing it while watching long sports events, may not be ideal. In addition, the limited field of view may be a problem when you’re watching sports. In addition, the price of the HoloLens ($3000), means very few people will be able to actually use the HoloLens to watch sports or movies.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015