The Government of India announced a new scheme to retrofit CNG kits on 2 wheelers. The event kickstarted at the CNG station, CGO Complex, New Delhi and was headed by Dharmendra Pradhan, the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas. He was joined by Prakash Javadekar, the Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change. The entire project is backed by Gas Authority Limited(GAIL) and Indra Prastha Gas limited.
It’s being estimated that 2 wheelers fitted with the CNG kits will emit 75 percent less hydrocarbons compared to a petrol-powered 2 wheeler. There will also be a 20 percent decrease in the emission of carbon monoxide. The huge improvement in emissions is a major step in the right direction and should help reduce air pollution significantly. The project will be initially run as a pilot project, aiming to attract more and more riders to adopt the CNG kits. These kits are stated to be approved by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015