Google’s cloud-based Docs and Sheets productivity apps are reportedly set to get some big updates. According to an Android Authority report, the updates consist of new UI designs and features for the applications.
Following Google's announcements about the new material design on Android L, the two apps are also set to get a material design revamp. The menu bar on the top has been made cleaner along with a floating button that allows for the creation of new documents. This button is quite similar to the create post button on Google+. In addition, the dropdown menu for account selection has also been tweaked and the options on the left side menu have been reorganised.
The new version of Docs is also able to differentiate between files created on Docs and MS Word. Earlier, this feature was limited to the web version of the app. Its addition allows users to create or edit Word files in the DOCX format. In addition, they can also share files as Word or PDF over email and open files from their device storage.
Further, reports say that similar changes are soon going to be seen on Sheets, which is Google’s spreadsheet tool. This allows them to edit and create Excel files along with Sheet files from the app itself. Google has also refreshed the spreadsheet editing interface and added new features like opening files from device storage, creating charts and sharing files in Excel format.
Source: Android Authority
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015