Industry body, NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services), has signed a MoU with Facebook to build a product design initiative, aimed at encouraging young entrepreneurs to become problem solvers and solution builders.
The MoU was signed in Silicon Valley this week. The goal is to bring about innovative and effective changes as solutions and revolution in key sectors where technology can play a vital role.
“This is a joint initiative to catalyse the innovation ecosystem and to help design thinking. Today, we are at an infliction point where the industry is at the next phase of revolution and moving towards the whole startup and innovation part, which is coming on the heels of the two decades old of growth of the services company,” R. Chandrashekhar, President, NASSCOM, told PTI.
The goal of this MoU is to help develop the ecosystem by ensuring that at least more than 500 product start-ups get enabled tools programs, more than 5,000 design thinking professionals get paid, and more than 50 award winning products come out of this initiative.
Julie Zhou, Vice President, Product Design, Facebook said, “At Facebook, we are passionate about design and would like to work alongside industry to foster innovation in product design in India, a country known for great technology and engineering talent.” She also stated that the Product Design ecosystem is evolving swiftly and to seize this growth, few challenges need to be solved such as the increasing need for skilled designers and better design tools to produce great designs effectively.
To create awareness on Product Design, the Product Council has been running workshops and annual design summit. The design initiative will build and recognise outstanding product designs, link to academia and bring about a design culture across our ecosystem.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015