On October 2, Google completed its transformation from being a standalone company to a holding company under ‘Alphabet’. With this change, Alphabet has posted a new code of conduct for its employees on its website. The new code of conduct now replaces the iconic first line “Don’t be Evil” which has been part of Google’s code of conduct since 2004, when the company filed its initial public offering.
In its place, Alphabet has posted a new code of conduct, which asks its employees to be good to others and do the right thing. However, the first line of Alphabet's code of conduct does feature the same ethics — “follow the law, act honorably, and treat each other with respect”.
Also according to a report in the Wall Street Journal, Alphabet’s new code of conduct is shorter than Google’s as it does not include mannerisms related to co-worker relationships, pets, alcohol at work and more. Apparently, all subsidiaries of Alphabet can have their own code of conduct, while 'don't be evil' still stands for the employees who work under Google. A Google spokesperson told WSJ “Individual Alphabet companies may of course have their own codes to ensure they continue to promote compliance and great values. But if they start bringing cats to work, there’s gonna be trouble with a capital T.”
Google is now officially a subsidiary company of Alphabet but nothing has drastically changed for people who are working for the company. They will continue to work as they are doing right now and end users will feel no difference. Moreover, Google still holds many other verticals under its purview, such as Android, Search, YouTube, Apps, Maps and Ads which makes it the biggest company under alphabet.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015