With Chennai reeling under the effects of flooding, many tech companies have come together to offer some sort of relief to the people in Chennai. Telecom operators are offering talk time and data for free, while others like Paytm, Zomato, and Ola are also doing their bit to help those in need.
The Union Telecom Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad has announced that BSNL will not charge its users anything for a week in Tamil Nadu. He added that if users are not able to pay their bills, there will not be a disconnection until further orders. Bharti Airtel also has announced auto credit up to Rs. 30 talk time and free cost credit of 10 minutes of Airtel-to-Airtel calling. In addition to this, it will provide 50MB of prepaid data to its subscribers for free. Reliance Communications and Vodafone have also announced similar schemes. Reliance subscribers will get 10 minutes free talk time to any network across the country as well as 50MB of data for prepaid customers and a free recharge of Rs. 10. Vodafone is offering credit worth Rs. 10 to all its prepaid subscribers as well along with 10 minutes of Vodafone-to-Vodafone calling. However, it is offering 100MB of data to its subscribers.
Paytm has announced a Rs. 30 recharge for free. People can call 18001030033 and share the mobile number that they want to topped up. Zomato has started a customised offer called ‘Meal for Flood Relief’. As part of this, when users buy a meal for someone in Chennai, Zomato will add another meal to it and send it in areas where people are stranded due to the downpour. A meal for two is priced at Rs. 100 while a meal for four is Rs. 200. Users can also order a meal for 100 people for Rs. 5,000.
Olacabs has tweeted that it is working with the fire department to help people stuck due to the rains. Anyone who needs help can dial 04428294121. A few days ago, they had started a boat service to help those stranded because of the floods.
Image Source: Chennai Speakers
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015