The total mobile subscriber figures in India as of July this year was 779.05 million according to a report by the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI). The report also notes that the mobile subscriber base increased by 2.08 million last month. Further, Airtel was said to have the most number of subscriber with 256.81 million, and the operator was also said to have the most subscriber additions in July with 1.07 million new subscribers. The report notes that UP (E) circle has the most mobile subscribers with 71.32 million, but the Kerala circle had the most number of subscriber additions last month with 0.47 million.
As per COAI’s report,amongst metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennal, Delhi has the most number of mobile subscribers with 36.6 million mobile subscribers. Delhi was followed by Mumbai and Kolkata with 23 million and 16.5 million mobile subscribers respectively. Chennai had 9.9 million subscribers. In total, all four metros combined have a total of 86.1 million subscribers.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015