On Tuesday, Amazon announced that it is bringing Amazon Tatkal, the initiative to help small and medium businesses (SMBs), to Mumbai. This venture enables the SMBs to get on board Amazon.in, in less than 60 minutes. It also provides the opportunity for these SMBs to get their businesses launched online.
Amazon Tatkal, touted as the “one-stop-shop on the go” is an exclusively designed studio-on-wheels which offers a suite of launch services for the SMBs, including registration, imaging and cataloguing services and basic seller training mechanisms.
The vehicle will travel the entire country, encouraging and engaging entrepreneurs, manufacturers, artisans and these sellers will be able to showcase and sell their products online, on the spot within 60 minutes.
Gopal Pillai, Director and GM, Seller Services, Amazon India said, “Our conversations with hundreds of SMBs reveal that there is a high level of interest to get them online and start selling, but they are unable to overcome perception barriers of the process being time-consuming, tedious and complex. As a result many interested sellers tend to put off onboarding tasks. As always, we worked backwards from seller needs and conceptualized Amazon Tatkal. We believe that this initiative will help sellers to overcome these constraints, get them onboard, and start selling on the Amazon platform with speed and ease.”
In this venture, specifically trained company representatives will educate sellers on the benefits of selling online and also introduce them to Amazon’s special seller services offered, namely Easy Ship, Fulfilment by Amazon, and also Global Selling.
With this move, the e-commerce giant hopes to accelerate its overall sales in India and boost the competitive edge against its rivals.
Following isthe Mumbai schedule of Amazon Tatkal:
- April 26 – Linking Road and Elco market
- April 27 – Vashi market
- April 28th – Mulund market and Dadar market
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015