Amazon has made plans to make a pop-up loft in Bengaluru to boost the use and adoption of Amazon Web Services, mainly for startups. After Amazon’s new data centres in Mumbai, the entry of the Loft program in India indicates Amazon’s efforts to increase its significance in the services sector in India.
Essentially, an Amazon Pop-up loft is a large office setup available to customers who use Amazon Web Services to avail consulting and networking services from the technical team. At any point of time during their working hours, anyone can walk in and contact a member of AWS architecture team for basic as well as case-specific queries related to AWS. They normally don’t require an appointment or a fee for this service. This program also brings sessions from AWS events across the globe to be presented by experienced professionals as well as entrepreneurs covering a wide range of AWS topics.
They also host boot camps with limited space where they offer hands-on experience with the AWS console in a live environment for free. According to Andy Jassy, Chief Executive Officer at AWS, the large number of startups already present in Bengaluru along with the favorable growth environment is a factor for them to consider the city for the setting up the loft.
Even without a local data centre and a startup encouragement program, AWS already has a significant clientele in India. These developments might make the cloud services segment in India quite competitive with Microsoft and IBM already in the fray for a while.
AWS posted $1.8 billion of operating profit last year, and needless to say, it has received great feedback for the quality of its services. Jeff Bezos has also recently revealed that Amazon will be investing $5billion in India. It might be too early to say this but Amazon looks all set to take over the Indian cloud services marketplace and times do look good for its customers, be it individuals or companies.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015