Telecom provider Aircel and state-owned telecom service BSNL have signed an agreement for countrywide intra-circle 2G roaming services.
In their statement, Aircel noted the fact that this agreement is a first of its kind between a state-owned and a privately-owned telecom provider, which will let both the organisations enhance their operations by not only relying on increased network coverage but also the different types of assets and customer experience on their respective networks.
BSNL’s network coverage is one of the strongest in the country, with their immediate target being 1,35,000 towers across the nation, the highest out of all networks. Out of this agreement, one of the clear win-wins is for Aircel with BSNL's vast network available to widen their reach.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015