Snapdeal has announced that more than 80% of its sales are now shipped through its own fulfilment centers called SD+ Centers. The company has 63 such centers across 25 cities in India and sellers who avail of SD+ services get a complete solution for their logistic needs, including packaging and tracking of shipments. The company also says that these centers have helped it deliver products faster than its competition.
Read the complete press release below
Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, today announced that more than 80% of its sales are now shipped through its own fulfilment centres called SD+ Centres. Orders shipped through SD+ have end to end trackability and have helped Snapdeal deliver faster than anybody else.
Speaking about the milestone achievement, Rohit Bansal, Co-Founder, Snapdeal said “Managing a majority of our shipments through our own fulfilment centres is part of our mission to provide a reliable and frictionless customer experience. Shipping through SD+ gives us the opportunity to screen quality of products and the quality of packaging. We also have end-to-end visibility on all products shipped through our fulfilment centres and this enables us to promise and deliver faster than anybody else. We have built this capacity rapidly - in January 2015 only 7% of our sales were shipped through SD+ and in May 2016 this is 80%. More than 95% orders from SD+ are fulfilled on time and with zero errors.”
Snapdeal has 63 SD+ centres across 25 cities in India. Sellers who avail of SD+ services get a complete solution for all their logistics needs, including packaging and tracking of shipments.
In April 2016 PwC and Redseer studies had reported that Snapdeal promises and delivers the fastest in the industry. PwC had reported that Snapdeal’s commitment to delivery was 1.5 – 2.5 days ahead of others. RedSeer findings had further confirmed that Snapdeal has the fastest delivery time of 3.9 days in the industry.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015