The Xbox One exlcusive, Titanfall, is getting a sequel and information circulating the Internet suggests that the game will have a single player campaign. The developer of the game is looking into a TV show tie-in to premier with the launch of the game. Jesse Stern in an interview has confirmed to Forbes that a single player campaign is a part of the game. The first Titanfall game didn’t have a story mode due to resource constraints.
The cost of a TV show tie in with a game may be high, but if the TV show gains mass appeal then it is worth it. In his interview, Jesse Stern said that he is working with Lionsgate TV for the Titanfall TV show. The first Titanfall game was an Xbox One exclusive but if information circulating the Internet is to be believed, then the second game will be multi-platform. According to the Fobes interview, “Stern and his colleagues in the creative team at Respawn Entertainment started work on the sequel in late 2014 after spending six months adding content to the first edition. As a then-start-up which only had a couple of computers, Respawn did not have the resources to do both multi-player and single-player versions”.
Titanfall was a fun shooter and it will be interesting to see how a story mode is implemented in the game. It will also be interesting to see how the TV show tie-in works. This isn’t the first time that a game is looking to have a TV show, film or short film tie-in with the launch of the game. With the launch of Assassins Creed 2 we had seen a short live action film about Ezio’s father. We have seen the same with Fall of Reach, Dead Space Aftermath and more.
Other Popular Deals
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward to
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and moreBest free racing games on Android (November 2016)
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming