The much awaited smartphone game, Pokemon Go, is finally available for iOS and Android users. Now anyone will be able to relive their fantasy of catching their very own Pokemon and become the very best (like no one ever was). The game is free to play and is optimised for smartphones, not tablets. However, those awaiting to become trainers in India and some other markets may have to wait a while longer as the augmented reality game is not yet available in all countries.
Unlike many other games, Pokemon Go encourages users to go out and explore the real world, instead of just sitting in one spot. As users walk around their neighbourhood, the phone will vibrate to let them know that there is a Pokemon nearby. Then all they have to do is throw their Poke Ball to catch it. However, buying Poke Balls and other items isn’t easy, as users will have to physically go to PokeStops, which will be located near museums, art installations, historical markers and monuments. The game’s developer, Niantic, has also taken care to ensure that you find the appropriate Pokemon, based on where you are. So, water-type Pokemons will be found near lakes and oceans, and not in the middle of a desert. Users will also get to add to their Pokedex by hatching Pokemon Eggs, which will be based on the distance you walk. So be prepared to travel… a lot. Of course, no Pokemon game would be complete without battles. Users will be able to compete against a gym, or assign their Pokemon to defend their gym against other challengers.
It is not yet known when the app will be available in India, but we are definitely ready and waiting to go and catch ‘em all!
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- Best free racing games on Android (June 2017)13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming