Kicked-off with Cafe Warz, Indian eSports Championship's month-long online league tournament concluded with 8 shortlisted teams competiting against each other in DOTA 2 and CS:GO, where Team Brutality stood as the winner of CS:GO where as Team Roar bagged the winning prize for Dota 2. Both the teams were awarded a cash prize of 3 Lakhs. Other than CS:GO and DOTA 2, the venue also had a separate gaming arena for FIFA gamers where the winners were awarded cash prizes. Alongside the gaming competition, Indian eSports Championship concluded with a Cosplay where participants dressed out as famous gaming characters.
Indian eSports Championship rocks Mumbai’s gaming circuit
The prize pool of the Championship was a whooping 2,000,000 INR
India, November 15, 2016: Indian eSports Championship, a brainchild of Essence Transmedia Pvt Ltd. and Neon Gaming Studio concluded their 3 days mega gaming finals held from 10th - 12th November. The event was inaugurated by Shri N.B Mote Hon. Deputy Director, Sports & Youth Services.
The gaming extravaganza received a thunderous response from the industry which had an enthralling showcase of entertainment. There were live performances by popular music artists like Lost Stories, Anish Sood and Navraj Hans that created a perfect experience for the music lovers in the city.
The 8 teams shortlisted from across India competed against each other in Dota 2 and CS:GO games The winners of the championship, Team Brutality for CS:GO and Roar Esports for Dota 2 walked away with a cash prize of Rs 3 lakhs.
The Championship also had a separate gaming arena for FIFA gamers that competed against each other and the winners were rewarded with cash prizes.
It also had an interesting competition - Cosplay, a contraction of costume play where the participants dressed as gaming characters.
Mr. Ashish Jain, Chief Development Officer of Essence Transmedia said, “Indian eSports Championship 2016 received an exceptional response from the industry stakeholders. Our aim was to provide a healthy eco-system to the gaming industry and we will continue to support them with bigger and better competitive events in the future.
With the growing awareness and immense global popularity, we are hopeful that eSports will soon be included to the Olympic 2024 program. The inclusion of eSports in Olympic 2024 will be a solid stepping stone and will give a big boost to the esports scene in India.”
The event ended on a high note with the sizzling starcast of Wajah Tum Ho , Sana Khan , Gurmeet Chaudhary and Vishal Pandya attending the grand finale and cheering the gamers.
Indian eSports Championship, started with Cafe Warz, a contest for cafe owners from Mumbai. This was followed by an online knockout tournament in which 140+ teams participated. The next stage was a month long online league tournament in which 200+ teams participated from across cities in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming ProductsE3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward to
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming