If you weren't paying attention to the gaming news recently, you may have missed a major announcement regarding upcoming gaming consoles. While Sony confirmed that a new, more powerful PS4 is in the works, Microsoft gave us a glimpse of Project scorpio at E3 2016. Now, According to Eurogamer, "Several sources have indicated" that Sony might announce the PS4 Neo within this year. The PS4 Neo is supposed to be a competitor to Microsoft's Project Scorpio, and if Sony turns up with the PS4 Neo this year, it might beat Microsoft’s Project Scorpio to the market by almost one year.
While Sony’s President and group CEO, Andrew House did confirm prior to E3 2016 that a new PS4 in the works, he did not mention any details about the availability or possible release dates. Sony has also remained tight-lipped over the graphical capabilities of the upcoming console. However, rumours suggest that Sony might be able to offer 4K gaming with the upcoming console. If Sony takes its partnership with AMD further, we might see the PS4 Neo being powered by an AMD RX480 GPU. The RX480 from AMD is the latest GPU from the red team, offering 4K gaming plus VR capabilities at just $199 (RS. 13,450 approximately). It is based on AMD’s new Polaris architecture, and will be going against NVIDIA’s Pascal-powered counterparts.
On the Xbox front, Microsoft actually confirmed that its next gen console, the Project Scorpio, will be available in time for the 2017 holiday season. It will be powered by an 8-core processor and a GPU which could achieve 6 teraflops of graphics processing power. AMD has confirmed that it will be providing SoC for the new console.
Both the upcoming consoles from Sony and Microsoft might finally provide 4K gaming capabilities to gaming consoles. Further, VR will be playing an important part in shaping the gaming industry in near future, and Sony will be jumping in with its own PS VR on October 13. The PlayStation VR headset from Sony will be available for $400 (Rs. 27,000 approximately).
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- Best free racing games on Android (June 2017)13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming