Sony has released a new update for the PlayStation 4 console. The company says, the new 3.11 update will improve performance, and also include improvements to stability. The update is 250.4MB in size, and the patch note reads, “System software stability during use of some features has been improved".
The last major update of the PlayStation was 3.10, released in October. The update allowed gamers to follow verified accounts of games, as well as verified accounts of people and companies associated with games. This allowed gamers to track their activities. It also added stickers to messages.
Microsoft is planning to release the Windows 10 update for the Xbox One console this month. The update will introduce a host of new features to the console like game streaming. Gamers will be able to stream games to any PC or tablet running Windows 10, through the Xbox app. It will also integrate Cortana into the system.
The Sony PlayStation 4 was launched in India in December 2013, while the Xbox One was launched in the country in September last year. Prices of both the consoles started at Rs. 39,999, during launch. The Xbox One was only available online via Amazon India initially, but after a year, the part deal Microsoft had with Amazon expired, and the console is now available on other outlets like Flipkart, and Microsoft Priority resellers. Prices for both the consoles have dropped since launch, and prices for the PlayStation 4 start at Rs. 32,990, while prices for the Xbox One start at Rs. 34,990. Sony and Microsoft’s last generation consoles are still available for purchase, and there remains a number of compelling reasons for gamers to buy them.
Both companies are also planning to introduce virtual reality/augmented reality to gaming. Sony is working on the PlayStation VR headset, which was earlier known as Project Morpheus. The company has said that the device will be released in early 2016. Meanwhile, Microsoft is working on the Hololens augmented headset, which will cost $3,000.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBuilding a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and moreBest free racing games on Android (November 2016)
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming