Rovio has partnered with Sonic Dash to bring Angry Birds Epic to Sonic Dash. Starting from June 11, 2015, players will be able to unlock Red, Chuck, and Bomb by collecting Angry Bird Epic tokens. The new update is available for the next three weeks.
Characters from Angry Birds Epic will find their way to Sonic Dash, an endless runner from Sega featuring, Sonic the Hedgehog for the next three weeks. A different bird will be available to run through Sonic’s world each week. To get the Angry Birds, players have a week to collect 100 Red Knight tokens which are scattered along the running path in order to unlock the first character. Alternatively users can also purchase the birds using a premium currency. Once unlocked the birds are yours to keep forever, however you can unlock them within the next three weeks only.
Sonic Dash is available to download for free on the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore and Windows Phone Store. The game has surpassed 100 million downloads since its launch two years back in March 2013. The campaign is a part of a cross promotional event celebrating the milestone. Rovio has also launched its latest game Angry Birds Fight! which is now available on Android and iOS as a free download. The game has you matching birds to battle enemies within a short time frame and then your characters commence fighting. The company has also expanded into non-gaming segments like clothing and toys.
"We were thrilled with the opportunity to work with Rovio on this integration," said Chris Southall, CTO of Hardlight in a prepared statement. "The expressive, colorful, and fun characters from Angry Birds Epic lend themselves flawlessly to Sonic Dash and really enhance the overall experience."
"Our Epic Sonic collaboration together with Sega is a fantastic milestone for Angry Birds," said Wilhelm That, Head of External Products at Rovio. "Having two such iconic game characters and games work seamlessly together will delight millions of fans worldwide in both Sonic Dash and Angry Birds Epic."
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBuilding a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and moreBest free racing games on Android (November 2016)
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming