Built with the Source engine, Prospket is a standalone game set in the Half-Life universe. Indie developer Richard Seabrook is behind the game and has been working on it for two years now. The game is set to launch on February 11 2016 and is priced at Rs. 369 on the steam store. The length of the game is similar to that of Half-Life 2: Episode One and will feature 13 levels. The Steam descriptor of the game reads, “Prospekt begins in the Nova Prospekt prison in the Half-Life universe. Gordon Freeman is slowly being overrun by soldiers in the prison, however unknown to him, his Vortigaunt allies manage to find some help from a forgotten hero.”
One look at the trailer for the game, and fans of the franchise will feel right at home yet, there is a difference. The developer has said that the game boasts of new textures, models, voice acting, music, and player model skin. The developer also claims that the AI has improved along with a modded HUD.
Even though fans of the franchise are desperately waiting for Half-Life 3, they will have to make do with Prospekt for now. In the beginning of January, news hit the interwebs that Marc Laidlaw, the lead writer and level designer on the Half-Life series left Valve. Not only has he left the company but he has also retired from gaming for good. Despite this, 2016 looks like it will be a great year for gaming for both PC as well as the home console. You can take a look at our most anticipated gaming of 2016 here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best free racing games on Android (Aug 2017)Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming Products
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming