Nintendo has revealed that it will be finally coming into the mobile gaming space. The company which resisted this move for so long has finally given in and partnered with DeNA, a major japanese mobile gaming company. DeNA is a capable partner with notable mobile spinoff like Final Fantasy under its belt.
Nintendo has suggested that the alliance will be developing new games rather than just porting classic nintendo games. This means that new games will be made from ground up, as well as all Nintendo IP will be eligible for development and exploration by the alliance. Nintendo also has plans to develop in online membership service which could be launch later this year.
According to Nintendo’s statement “Leveraging the strength of Nintendo's intellectual property (IP) and game development skills in combination with DeNA's world-class expertise in mobile games, both companies will develop and operate new game apps based on Nintendo's IP, including its iconic game characters, for smart devices.”
In a related news, Nintendo revealed that it is working on a new gaming console. Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo said at a press conference in Tokyo that the company is working on a new console, codenamed NX, with a “brand-new concept”. Satoru said that the company hopes to announce the console next year.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (June 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming