Nazara Games has partnered with ACK Media to develop mobile games based on Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle. Characters like Suppadi, Shambu, and Tantri the Mantri have become quite popular in India and Nazara will develop, publish as well market games based on popular characters such as these. The games will be available on global app stores such as Google Play, iTunes, and Windows as well as local ecosystems of OEMs and retail outlets.
Read the complete press release below
India’s premier game developer and publisher, Nazara games has entered into an exclusive agreement to develop mobile games across the world with ACK Media, home of India’s most beloved comic book series Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle.
With more than 400 titles in 20+ languages that have sold more than 100+ million copies to date, Amar Chitra Katha is a cultural phenomenon. Meanwhile Tinkle continues to be the most widely read English magazine for children across India, and has been an integral part of growing up in India over the last three decades. Characters like Suppandi, Shambu & Tantri the Mantri, that appeared first in the pages of the magazine, have a nationwide recognition.
Nazara will be developing, publishing and marketing games, based on Tinkle and Amar Chitra Katha characters, across all touch points including global app stores like Google Play, iTunes, Windows and local ecosystem of OEMs and retail outlets. Gamifying and adding cultural nuances to characters on which an entire generation grew up and loved will be the key aspect of this partnership.
Talking on this new partnership Manish Agarwal, the CEO of Nazara Games said, “The comic brands were started by Mr. Anant Pai in an attempt to teach Indian children about their cultural heritage. We wish to honour his vision by giving today’s generation the taste of Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle in a contemporary, and by far the most popular, medium today… i.e. mobile gaming.” He added, “It is not just restricted to the young generation. People in India who have grown up on Supandi, Shambu, etc. will also relate to these games.”
“Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle have created an entire universe of stories that have been loved by several generations of Indians. And our stories lend themselves to be adapted easily across media”, said Manas Mohan, CEO – Publishing, Amar Chitra Katha. “We are convinced that our association with Nazara, widely accepted as the best in their business, will open up a whole new world for millions of kids and adults to interact with our characters, and with stories from our glorious heritage”, he further added
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (September 2016)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (July 2016)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (January 2016)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- The 15 best new games on Android (Feb 2015)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming