Microsoft has starting rolling out the Windows 10 update for the Xbox One console. The new update features a completely new design, along with a number of new features, the biggest of which is backward compatibility. Gamers can now play a number of Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One. These games are compatible with the features found on the new console like screenshots, broadcasting, and Game DVR. When playing these games on the new console, gamers will have access to their previously saved files, and can engage in multiplayer matches with friends playing the same on Xbox 360.
The update has also redesigned the Home, OneGuide, and Store areas. A new ‘guide’ has been added to provide gamers access to their profile, friends, settings, messages and more. The guide can be brought up from Home area or as an overlay while gaming, without interrupting gameplay. The Store has been divided into four areas - Games, Movies & TV, Apps, and Music. The new Community area allows users to see what’s trending on Xbox Live, and interact with it by liking, commenting, and sharing content. Game Hubs let gamers access news and updates from game developers and the Xbox Live community. It also introduces an app called Xbox Accessories, which lets users assign buttons on any Xbox One Wireless Controller.
Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management, Xbox, said on Xbox Wire, “The New xbox oneWhere to buy 3075 12472 Experience is a complete transformation of Xbox One, integrating the speed and versatility of Windows 10. We put fans at the center of everything we do and wanted to make some big changes, including enabling one of your most requested features – the ability to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. We also wanted to meaningfully improve how gamers interact with Xbox One and redesigned it to make it the fastest and most social Xbox experience ever.”
The Sony PlayStation 4 was recently updated by Sony, but the update only improved the stability and performance of the console. The last major update for Sony’s console was released in October 2015, which allowed users to follow verified accounts of games, people and companies associated with games.
Source: Xbox Wire
Other Popular Deals
- Best free racing games on Android (Aug 2017)Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming Products
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming