Marvel is giving users a chance to step into the shoes of its Avengers characters. A game announced at Disney’s D23 Expo, called Powers United VR, will have users become Rocket Raccoon, The Hulk etc. in a virtual reality world. The game is being built by Oculus and Sanzaru Games, and the former’s association means it will be limited to the Oculus Rift VR headset. Sorry HTC Vive buyers.
The game will also allow multiple players to team up, so you could essentially create the entire Avengers team within the game. Reports say Disney is planning to launch the game on Oculus in 2018, while it will announced new characters at the San Diego Comic Con, next week.
The launch trailer reveals a few things about the game. Notably, that while you do become a particular hero, you’re only going to see his or her hands in action. So, for those playing Rocket Racoon, it will be fps in VR, while the Hulk...well...The Hulk smashes. The final scene of the trailer features Lockjaw, the Inhuman BlackBolt’s giant teleporting pet dog. There’s some dialogue there, so it’s unlikely that you get to play BlackBolt (since he’s mute), but it’s possible Marvel’s adding some of the other Inhumans. Don't know how Lockjaw or Blackbolt are? This Inhumans trailer below should shed some light.
The D23 Expo has also been home to Disney’s unravelling of its upcoming theme parks on Star Wars, while a behind the scenes trailer for Episode 8, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, was also revealed. We’ll put both the trailers below.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set to premire later this year and is the eight movie in the series, chronologically. It is, however, Disney's third movie, with two more to go in 2018 and 2019, respectively.
Other Popular Deals
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming ProductsE3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward to
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming