One of the most iconic heavy metal bands of all time, Iron Maiden, is getting its own mobile game, named Iron Maiden: Legacy Of The Beast. The band's official website reads, “Battle as Eddie in his many guises across worlds inspired by the rich lore and music of Iron Maiden - one of the most iconic and influential bands of all time. A mysterious force has shattered Eddie’s soul and scattered the shards. Travel through time and space collecting the pieces as you encounter a cast of dramatic and engaging characters. A powerful soundtrack enhances gameplay, using songs spanning Iron Maiden’s entire career, including previously unheard live recordings adapted for the game by engineer Tony Newton under the close scrutiny of Steve Harris.”
Roadhouse Interactive is the studio behind the game. This is the same studio that made Warhammer 40000: Carnage, on mobile. Roadhouse Interactive has teamed up with 50cc Games to develop the game for iOS and Android. In past, games like Rockband and Guitar Hero have brought to us our favourite music artists, and this is a rare occasion where the game will be a role-playing game on mobile platforms. Being Maiden fans, we are quite upbeat about getting to play the game.
Before graphic- and action-intensive games took over, games based on bands such as Kiss's On Tour Game, M.C. Hammer’s Rap a Round, NSYNC's Backstage Pass, Green Day's Playing With Matches and Vanilla Ice's Electronic Rap Game have attempted to bring the world of music and gaming together for music fans with a penchant for gaming.
On the console front, we have seen Brütal Legend for PS3, Xbox 360, Windows, OS X and Linux. Jack Black voiced the protagonist, and Ozzy Osbourne was also one of the voice actors in the game. The game was an RPG action adventure, where the players had to command troops to defeat their foes while defending their own stage. The game was heavily inspired by metal music, and was well received amongst critics.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (April 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and CorsairBuilding a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming