What a day for gamers. We have seen an overabundance of news in the world of gaming in the past few days.
Tomb Raider gets a 14 minute demo at PAX 2012
We had a glimpse of Lara Croft’s origin story before, back at E3 2012, but this time we get to see the game in action in a different location. The 14-minute demo shown off at PAX 2012 shows the luscious environment and the platforming capabilities of the leading lady in the game.
The Tomb Raider demo also shows Lady Croft wielding a bow to take down her prey.
Enjoy the demo below
Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC release date revealed
Borderlands 2 hasn't hit store shelves yet and we already have details of the release date for the first piece of downloadable content for the game.
At PAX 2012, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said that the DLC would be available to gamers on October 16, nearly a month after the launch of the game. Borderlands 2 will hit store shelves on September 18th 2012. The Mechromancer DLC is a free bonus for those that have pre-ordered the game and for those that haven’t, the DLC will cost $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points. The DLC will add a new class to the game called the Mechromancer.
Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter PAX Prime Trailer
The latest trailer for Neverwinter trailer has been released at PAX. The trailer shows off Blackdagger Keep, one of the many dungons that players will be able to visit in the game. The trailer also gives a backstory of Blackdagger Keep.
Enjoy the trailer below:
Halo 4 trailer reveals the main antagonist
SPOILER ALERT: The latest trailer of one of the most anticipated games, Halo 4 may just spoil the game for you. Why? Because, it reveals details of the main villain of the game.
NeoGAF has started a thread that reveals all the spoilers from the video. The spoilers listed on the site are as follows
- When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant - they are looking for something, not the Chief.
- The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
- The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept - they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
- Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
- Dr. Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana's "problem"
- Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once - multiple Cortanas
- A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place.
- A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis
You can also take a look at the video below.
Age of Conan ‘Secrets of Dragon’s Spine’ update announced
Funcom announces a series of upcoming updates called ‘Secrets of Dragon’s Spine’ for its Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) ‘Age of Conan: Unchained’. The updates will be released over time, with the first one to hit in the next few months, and will introduce a remote desert region known as The Dragon’s Spine filled with new dungeons, quests, monsters and rewards for players to experience.
Valve getting into the computer hardware business
A job listing on Valve’s website for an industrial designer has led us to believe that the company is diversifying into the hardware business. The jobs listing website goes on to say, “Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC and Mac are important to us, as they enable us and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers. We’re frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space though, so we’re jumping in.”
Valve as a company has brought us some really awesome games like Portal 2, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Counter Strike, Left for Dead and more.