Prices for FIFA 16, the next installment in EA Sports’ massively popular FIFA franchise, has been revealed. The game is currently listed as an Amazon India exclusive, available for pre-booking. Currently, versions for Xbox One, Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3 and 4 have been offered. The game has two editions: Standard and Deluxe. The Standard edition is priced at Rs. 3,499 (PS 3 and Xbox 360) and Rs. 3,999 (PS 4 and Xbox One), while the Deluxe one is available for Rs. 3,999 (PS 3 and Xbox 360) and Rs. 4,499 (PS 4 and Xbox One). The game will be released on September 24.
The users will be getting up to 40 FUT Premium Gold Packs with the game for the Ultimate Team season. One of the unique things about FIFA 16 is that it is the first ever game in the history of the franchise to feature women soccer teams. The game features 12 women's teams: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States. It is also the first game in the series to feature female players at the cover: Stephanie Catley (Australia), Christine Sinclair (Canada), and Alex Morgan (USA).
As mentioned above, the game is available exclusively on Amazon India, but it is not clear whether it is applicable only for pre-orders, or even after that. The exclusive status may have an impact on the game's sales - whether positive or adverse, is debatable. As reported by NDTV, one of the retailers said, "They [EA] have not learned from the mistakes of Activision with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Destiny. The grey market will end up supplying most of the country. Most grey importers are looking to sell the PS4 version between Rs. 3,300 and Rs. 3,500."
Recently, a one-year long deal for the sale of Xbox One between Amazon and Microsoft ended, making it available on sale via Microsoft Priority Resellers.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (June 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming