DOTA 2 TI (The International) has been an annual event from Valve and has grown to become the biggest annual e-sport event in the world. This year, the DOTA 2 event will set a new record in e-sport history with a total prize pool of $10,537,711 (Rs. 63 crores approx.). Valve tapped into DOTA 2’s large base and crowdfunded the prize pool after pitching in $1,600,000 of its own.
The event which has started today will showcase sixteen of the world’s best DOTA 2 teams competing with each other. The winner will take away $4,847,602 in prize money and an invitation to defend its title in the next International. The whole event is free to watch and will be streamed live. You can watch the event live on twitch and DOTA 2 fans can enjoy the action with the new multicast feature where you can see four live streams at a single time as there will be four matches going on simeltanously in the early stages of the game. Valve says the multicast will consolidate “all the interesting games, unexpected picks, big team fights, catastrophic misses and clutch plays into one package, complete with commentary and desk analysis. The Multicast is the best way to watch every game at once.” This year Valve has also introduced a new commentary section aimed at the new and inexperienced on the DOTA 2 scene.
The action has just started and today and will run till 21st of July. The Grand Finals are being held at Seattle Centre in Seattle.
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBest free racing games on Android (June 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (June 2017)Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming