Counter Strike has been one of the most popular video games of all time, having been played across many multiplayer networks, and in tournaments. Now, developer Alibek Omarov has brought the massively popular first-person shooter to Android. CS 1.6 for Android is not a recreation, or a stream, but is the original game rehashed for the mobile platform.
To play, you will require a Steam account, the CS1.6 APK file, and Xash3D Android from GitHub. Install the CS1.6 APK with omp postfix for multi-core devices, and noomp for incompatible or single-core devices. Then, install Xash3D on your device, and copy cstrike and valve folders from Steam CS1.6 to Xash on the SD card. With this, you’ll be all set to run the CS1.6 client on your Android device.
Sure, the on-screen touch controls are not the ideal, seeing that we are used to playing CS1.6 with a keyboard and mouse. But with Android being the chosen mobile platform, there is better scope for pairing up a device with input peripherals. The gameplay itself seems quite splendid, and there are no visible glitches or flaws here. Check out the trailer below for the visual details:
Other Popular Deals
- Best free racing games on Android (Aug 2017)Computex 2015: ASUS unveils several ROG Gaming Products
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toComputex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair
- 13 new mobile games you should check outBethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and more
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming