In a letter addressed to the Twitch community on Monday, Twitch CEO Emmett Shear shared that the company has been acquired by Amazon. Emmet said, “We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster.” It was earlier rumored and reported that Google’s YouTube division was in talks with Twitch investors for a $1 billion dollar deal.
Twitch is the largest live game streaming website by a large margin. Recently during the Dota 2 International, Twitch recorded 6 million users. The site has more than 1 million unique users broadcasting on its platform every month. Twitch is available on the Android and iOS platforms as well.
Source: Twitch Blog
Other Popular Deals
- E3 2015 Preview: 10 games worth looking forward toBuilding a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (February 2017)
- Computex 2015: New gaming gear from Roccat and Corsair13 new mobile games you should check out
- Bethesda E3 2015: Fallout 4, DOOM, Dishonored 2 and moreBest free racing games on Android (November 2016)
- The 15 best new games on Android (November 2015)10 great new PC games that you may not have heard of
- Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (November 2016)15 upcoming games that are worth the wait
- 15 awesome new games for Android (April 2015)Boom! Headshot! The 15 best video game guns
- 11 best Android games based on moviesThe 12 best free games for your PC
- The 15 best multiplayer games on AndroidThe 10 most memorable villains in gaming