Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Default Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Dear Friends, I want to buy a LCD or LED TV of 24' or 26'. I visited many shops and websites.
    26 inch samsung lcd TV is around Rs. 26000 and same size LG is 23000.
    for same size LED samsung its about Rs. 32000.
    both lcd from samsung and also LG are HD ready and not full HD.
    then i come across newly launched Toshiba LED TV at one local shop.

The REGZA 24 inch LED TV model ( 24PS1 )is Full HD and priced aroud 17000. the display was really good and i didnt find any difference with comparison to Samsung and LG.
    Sound quality is also better.
    I am OK with 24 inch size.
    What should i Do. Go for the Brand of Samsung/ LG or bet on Toshiba.
    please visit this link. and help me.

https://www.toshiba-india.com/cp/power-tv.html
    https://www.toshiba-india.com/cp/price.html
    Popular Gadget Deals
    [B][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/113104958218535953149/posts"]Add me to your circle on Google Plus[/URL][/B]

Right Off the Assembly Line

Default Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

I have heard that Toshiba is being manufactured by Videocon. So you can as well as check out Videocon range.

but now they have separated. what about the quality of Toshiba?
    [B][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/113104958218535953149/posts"]Add me to your circle on Google Plus[/URL][/B]

Quality wise it should not be a problem. They are giving a 3 yrs warranty on some of the models. There was a ad in TOI few days back .

best price(wallmart's wholesale store) is offering toshiba 32" LCD 1080i for 18-19k.. you will get approx same price at NEXT.

a frd got a 32" Sony Bravia LCD for 18.5k..

Using the above mentioned toshiba. no problem so far. it's a steal for this price.

Yes. Today i went to the loacal dealer.
    24 inch Toshiba LED, FULL HD, TV for 16800/-
    The picture quality was superb. Also same was the sound. At this price its great. looks are also good. its ultra slim and has 2HDMI ports. Can play around every Video format including AVI, MKV, VOB, DAT, MPEG, 3GP, mp4, FLV, and many others also. It played all those 9 video files i had taken on my pendrive for testing. it can also play mp3 and WMA. JPEG and PNG images.
    Last edited by pravinbv; 20-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.

@gargdada Which series Sony Bravia did your friend get? BX/EX 300 and 400 series have been discontinued, instead 320 and 420 have been launched.

Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by pravinbv View Post
    Yes. Today i went to the loacal dealer.
    24 inch Toshiba LED, FULL HD, TV for 168000/-
    The picture quality was superb. Also same was the sound. At this price its great. looks are also good. its ultra slim and has 2HDMI ports. Can play around every Video format including AVI, MKV, VOB, DAT, MPEG, 3GP, mp4, FLV, and many others also. It played all those 9 video files i had taken on my pendrive for testing. it can also play mp3 and WMA. JPEG and PNG images.
    Hi,

I guess that was a typo- "24 inch Toshiba LED, FULL HD, TV for 168000/-" Should read 16800.

The model is 24PS10ZE(squeezed the price from Rs. 17,500 down to a final price of Rs. 16,500), and I got it just a couple of weeks back. It actually looked better than it was in the showroom. The TV is mounted exactly opposite to the front door and a large window, yet not a hint of trouble with reflection even while the TV is switched off. Just keep in mind a few pointers before deciding.
    1. Its the only Full HD LED TV in the 24" category, and the price is a steal with a capital S.
    2. The picture quality though, ultimately boils down to the content being screened. For instance, a HD DTH connection would be awesome, while the local cable channels could be horrible. In other words, picture quality is directly proportional to the awesomeness of full HD!
    3. Try to negotiate the price to about 16.5 or even less. Should be possible.
    4. Look for offers. When I was auditioning for a TV, Toshiba had a bundle offer of Videocon HD DTH with a 1-month free subscription to HD channels+4GB Pendrive. I wasn't going to use DTH, so I deliberately took my time and the offer expired.
    5. The only gripe I have(though it was expected) was the sound from the built-in speaker. It is next to horrible. The sound gets distorted at high volumes. You may even hear some rumbling if the TV is not mounted/placed properly. But you have digital audio out/5.1 channel out/HDMI, etc. Just hook in a decent speaker system, and you should be fine.
    6. Prefer to mount the TV on a wall. It adds to the aesthetic value of your home, and its FREE. The Toshiba technician comes to your house for installation in quick time. For me, they came the second day, the first day being a Sunday.
    7. The power plug is not the usual Indian type. So, you might need an adapter. For me, the Toshiba technician was kind enough to give me one for no charge. I'm not sure if its a part of installation, because the showroom guy had asked me to buy an adapter myself earlier.
    8. Optional: Get a "TV" stabilizer. Mine(V-guard Mini Crystal-wall mountable) cost Rs. 1900 and I can connect a DVD Player and a sound system to it apart from the TV.
    9. Unlike some other brands, Toshiba LED TVs come with only a One-year Warranty. I don't know if that's a bad thing. Most products come with a 1-yr Wty these days, and gives trouble only after that. So you never know!

Hope this helped you decide. Just don't worry about Toshiba's quality. Its Japanese(and not a cheap Chinese/Korean product) afterall.
    Last edited by johnybravojr; 20-09-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnybravojr View Post
    Hi,

I guess that was a typo- "24 inch Toshiba LED, FULL HD, TV for 168000/-" Should read 16800.
    @johnybravojr
    yes. i have no corrected it.

Thanks for the great and usefull reply. Ur reply has helped me for the final decision. Its now final that i will go for the Toshiba 24PS10ZE.
    All those pros and cons you given are real and i was also thinking the same.

One more thing is that Toshiba is now giving 3 years Extended warranty for free.

And about the sound problem, i find that when you attach a regular cable input it give that bad sound. when i asked retailer, he played a blue ray disk with full volume and there was not a single distortion. and i was the loudest speaker volume in all 24 inch models available in the shop.
    thanks for ur reply again.

Apprentice

Yes, I agree with the loudness. I don't have to go beyond 23 on the volume bar. Regarding the distortion, I even tried with a DVD Player hooked up with HDMI, yet it happened at high volumes. Or may be I have already made up my mind to get a 5.1 system that I somehow get to hear 'distortions'. lol

Or may be I have already made up my mind to get a 5.1 system that I somehow get to hear 'distortions'. lol
    this is true. Buy altech lancing speakers. Those are always best.

[9] Unlike some other brands, Toshiba LED TVs come with only a One-year Warranty. I don't know if that's a bad thing. Most products come with a 1-yr Wty these days, and gives trouble only after that. So you never know!
    Check this again with the dealer. I think it is a 3 years warranty from Toshiba.

Yesterday i purchased Toshiba 24PS10ZE LED tv. for Rs. 16500/-.
    Its full HD and as i tested till now it has payed every format of video i have on my 500 GB HDD. i think i don't need extra media player. I can compare the built in media player with VLC for its capasity to play all popular audio, video formats.
    The looks are great and picture quality is also the best.
    As said by @johnybravojr , the picture quality is depend on the input media quality. The quality of Full HD can only be great with the full HD content and with HDMI cable input. the Airtel HD digital tv have 12 HD channels and its a great experience to watch NatGeo, discovery and other channels with this tv.
    I really recommend this tv for everyone who want 24 inch model with real value for money.
    2 HDMi inputs, side usb input and all those things you need are here. super slim led, large sounds don't need extra home theater.

What about subtitles?
    Does it support?
    "My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
    "Its easy being atheist than secular"

[B]~X-X-X-X-----------RULES for posting in OFFTOPIC thread-----------X-X-X-X~[/B]
    http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/101180-offtopic-thread-168.html#post1748404

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rhitwick View Post
    What about subtitles?
    Does it support?
    Oh yes, it supports subtitles! There are several options to view the content in different screen sizes like wide, 4:3, 16:9, original, and even subtitles....

The best part is the connectivity options both for video and audio. If you have a HDD, you wouldn't need a player as said my pravinbv. A HDMI cable comes with it too. Can't get 'cooler' than that! All this for 16.5K...

Quote Originally Posted by rhitwick View Post
    What about subtitles?
    Does it support?
    yes. there is also option for adjusting the image position to view the subtitles completely if there is more lines. so you can view them completely.

Smile Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Thanks for all your views on 24PS10..... Excellent features & value for money..... Hope your TV viewing is grt till date...... Actually, I am going to buy the same tomorrow...... Now there is a festive offer on this model i.e now the price Rs.14500 + 3yr warranty + Videocon HD D2H + 4GB pendrive (pre loaded 2 movies) + 1 DVD (not aware what it contains)...

Please let me know if there is any shortdown in your 24PS10 viewing.....

Thanks

Question Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Hey I found this discussion very relevant and useful.

Yesterday my friend bought Toshiba 24" LED 24ps1e model in qatar. for 11000Rs. (after conversion)

However it is for my marriage gift from him.

Now I have below questions :
    1. Is it far bad compared to 24ps10ze ?

2. can't I connect USB/pendrive to play movies/music in my 24ps1e ?

3. how to get warranty on the tv ? as it is purchased out of india. when I go through toshiba websites, they say register your product for warranty ? Does it work ?

4. Can/should I get a skytv/airtel/sun/reliance DTH for my 24ps1e ? Normal cable operator wired connection doesnt work well with this one ?

Hope someone out there can answer my questions. This might help me and few others out there prospects of toshiba 24ps series ..

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by krishna1885 View Post
    Thanks for all your views on 24PS10..... Excellent features & value for money..... Hope your TV viewing is grt till date...... Actually, I am going to buy the same tomorrow...... Now there is a festive offer on this model i.e now the price Rs.14500 + 3yr warranty + Videocon HD D2H + 4GB pendrive (pre loaded 2 movies) + 1 DVD (not aware what it contains)...

Thanks
    Shocking! This is a killer deal. Don't miss this offer. Try and bring the price down to 14k if possible.. lol

Just check if are really happy with the in-built speaker. I wasn't too impressed(reasons discussed earlier). There is always the option to hook in a speaker set though. So, no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by krishna1885 View Post

Thanks
    Really shocked. Is this the real offer?
    Just imagine, D2H for Rs.2500 +Pen drive for Rs.300 + DVD Rs.100 + It can play everything form ur external memory so DVD player of Rs. just 1500

I think you are getting full HD LED tv for just 10000/- where as the same size of other companies like LG and Samsung cost around Rs. 30,000/-
    There is no any shortdown if you compare at this price. But if price is no concern here are few:

1. Check out the viewing angles before you buy. if you are happy with it there is nothing else. Its great.
    2. It will take aroud 2-4 days for the service person to fit it in the wall.

Shocking! This is a killer deal. Don't miss this offer. Try and bring the price down to 14k if possible.. lol

Just check if are really happy with the in-built speaker. I wasn't too impressed(reasons discussed earlier). There is always the option to hook in a speaker set though. So, no worries!
    To some extent, but which else LED TV have thing called sound?

Quote Originally Posted by thankstogod2003 View Post
    Hey I found this discussion very relevant and useful.

Yesterday my friend bought Toshiba 24" LED 24ps1e model in qatar. for 11000Rs. (after conversion)

However it is for my marriage gift from him.

Now I have below questions :
    1. Is it far bad compared to 24ps10ze ?

2. can't I connect USB/pendrive to play movies/music in my 24ps1e ?

3. how to get warranty on the tv ? as it is purchased out of india. when I go through toshiba websites, they say register your product for warranty ? Does it work ?

4. Can/should I get a skytv/airtel/sun/reliance DTH for my 24ps1e ? Normal cable operator wired connection doesnt work well with this one ?

Hope someone out there can answer my questions. This might help me and few others out there prospects of toshiba 24ps series ..
    Yes the 24PS1E model do not have inbuilt MEdia player. it can only read MP3 and Image files. no option for video play.
    Other thing is it has only one HDMI input port. whereas the 10ZE have tow ports. other things are same. check out link below for deatils.

REGZA

Smile Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Yes.... again visited the dealer & bargain with him..... now he is ready to give the same with all the above mentioned offer @ 13500/-............ but for the better deal will check with the Toshiba shop in our city cuttack..... Hope they can provide me the same offer may be at a lower price than this.... not sure..... whatever may be will buy the same tomorrow..... ya will recheck its viewing angle & Sound quality .... could not check yesterday as it was really rush there due to puja offers.......

Thanks
    Last edited by krishna1885; 28-09-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: repeated

Quote Originally Posted by pravinbv View Post
    Really shocked. Is this the real offer?
    Just imagine, D2H for Rs.2500 +Pen drive for Rs.300 + DVD Rs.100 + It can play everything form ur external memory so DVD player of Rs. just 1500

I think you are getting full HD LED tv for just 10000/- where as the same size of other companies like LG and Samsung cost around Rs. 30,000/-
    There is no any shortdown if you compare at this price. But if price is no concern here are few:

1. Check out the viewing angles before you buy. if you are happy with it there is nothing else. Its great.
    2. It will take aroud 2-4 days for the service person to fit it in the wall.

To some extent, but which else LED TV have thing called sound?

Yes the 24PS1E model do not have inbuilt MEdia player. it can only read MP3 and Image files. no option for video play.
    Other thing is it has only one HDMI input port. whereas the 10ZE have tow ports. other things are same. check out link below for deatils.

REGZA

thank you PRAVINBV.. for your kind response. It helps..

May I know what is that HDMI port for ? What should I connect and whats the benefit of two ports ?

And happy to know that I can play MP3 files and view pictures on my ps1e thru USB

thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by thankstogod2003 View Post
    thank you PRAVINBV.. for your kind response. It helps..

May I know what is that HDMI port for ? What should I connect and whats the benefit of two ports ?

And happy to know that I can play MP3 files and view pictures on my ps1e thru USB

thanks again..
    HDMI is High Definition Multimedia Interface. If you have HD set top box or HD media player it is necessary. You cant watch the real quality of HD media with the general coaxial cable or other RGB connectors. So you must use HDMI cable to get the great picture and sound quality. If you have both the STB and a HD player how will you connect both at a time, and u have to use other common cable for connection. so at-least 2 hdmi ports are required i think.
    and you can play MP3 and view images in JPEG format but cant play any video.

Couldn't wait much..... purchased 24ps10ze last night @ Rs.13,500 with all the offer + 1 counter gift around Rs. 500. Today morning at 9am toshiba guy came and did the installation..... & now the videocon D2H engineer has also done the installation........ I'm in office.... eagerly waiting for evening

In the morning I checked & found that Picture quality is really nice but I was expecting much better sound quality as it is Dolby Digital.... But not upto expection. Viewing angel is ok...
    Last edited by krishna1885; 29-09-2011 at 05:35 PM.

krishna,
    you have made a bargain@13500/-kindly send the dealers name, address & phone with std code ,if possible ,so that I can purchase it as locally the price is 16500/-.I will purchase from that shop even it is more than 2 hrs .train journey .

Even I want to know the details of that shop....
    [B]HTC One | Macbook Pro 13" | [URL="http://www.sony.co.in/product/ht-m5"]Sony Component System HT-M5[/URL]
    [/B]

Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Your views on TOSHIBA LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by spmaz View Post
    krishna,
    you have made a bargain@13500/-kindly send the dealers name, address & phone with std code ,if possible ,so that I can purchase it as locally the price is 16500/-.I will purchase from that shop even it is more than 2 hrs .train journey .
    If you live in Tamil Nadu, you can look for it in Vasanth & Co. They'll quote a high price, but eventually will come down to your demands if you press hard. A couple of tips here:

1. Make most of your bargains with the salesman. Don't go to the Manager even when the Salesman says to. Once you go to the Manager, you won't be able to make much of a bargain.
    2. Bargain like "give it or let go". Don't go too low or high. Maintain that you'll go ahead if they agree for the price.
    3. Give them your number before you leave the shop. Then tell them you'll look around for better deals and then decide. You'll get a call for sure within 2 days.
    4. Don't buy their claim later that the bundled offers got expired. Most likely they are lying, for they have to compensate for the low margin if they agree on your bargain.

Lets see if you get the price down further...

I run between Kolkata(WB) & bhubaneswar(Odisa).
    so it is preferable to go Cuttack as krishna did or in Kolkata.
    but the simple problem is that Toshiba is making noise over old edge lit LED, not the current full arrey LED.toshiba is not giving us any new tech,but following the samsung path.

Apprentice

As far as you can see, all enty-level and almost all mid-level models from all brands are 'edge-lit displays. Only the top-end models sport 'full-array' and are quite expensive. It is only proper to compare products across the same categories, and not across categories. Toshiba is 'value for money'/'THE best deal' in its category. Beats all competitors hands-down!

P.S: Edge-lit technology ain't really OLD in the Indian scenario!

Yes.... I agree to Johnybravojr that Toshiba TV is really Value for money & best deal at its price....... you cant find such a tv at the price which toshiba is providing & full array LED Tv is too expensive to go for.......

@Spmaz : I don't have contact number of the dealer now as I'm in office....... so give me a call on 9777452301 after 8pm or in the morning will give you the details...

Thanks
    Krishna