The Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD)
You need UBCD if you want to:
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
Add more DOS tools or any bootable image as much as you want to your CD, and make a multiboot CDs using "Bootable CD Wizard" v1.50Z
the Bootable CD Wizard : The bootmanager for bootable CDs.
allows to build multiboot CDs (Multiple-Image Bootable CD) for PCs that do not support booting from multiboot CDs.
Includes multi-loader, a largely customizable hierarchically structured bootmenu.
Supports a variety of formats of bootimages.
Download these 2 files from the links above...
1) Ultimate Boot CD v2.4. (UBCD)
2) Bootable Cd Wizard.v1.50Z (BCDW)
IF you only want to use the tools that are already included in the UBCD v2.4, then you can just burn the image to CD and use it.
But if you like to add more DOS tools or other bootimages of your own to the CD (UBCD's bootimage file very small and you still have alot of free space on your CD)
Then create a multiple-image bootable CD using the BCDW as the bootmanager for your emergency / rescue / diagnostic tools CD.
To do this..
1) Burn the UBCD's ISO to a CD-RW
Then Using "WinISO" create an *.iso image of the bootbale CD (select "Make ISO from CDROM" from the menu "Actions")
Open the just created *.iso image (select "Open" from the menu "File")
Save the boot information to a *.wbt file (select "Save boot information to file..." from the menu "Bootable CD")
Put the *.wbt file on your CD with BCDW and Add an entry in \BootCat.ini for this boot option (see next steps)
2) Extract both UBCD v2.4's ISO file and the BCDW.v1.50Z file to same folder, name the folder anything you like.
and then put the .WBT file that you create from step 1 to the same folder. (see this below pic),
3) Add more DOS tools/programs to your CD,
to do this you need to create an *.ima image of the boot floppy
then put this *.ima image on your CD,
4) Then modify / add a new entry in the \BootCat.ini (see this pic as an example)
5) Create an ISO file,
Download... this file "bcd111.zip" ( http://www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=bcd111.zip)
from this page http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#revision the BCD full package v1.1.1 (523KB).
Extract the zip file, all you need is two files.. "mkisofs.exe" and "cygwin1.dll"
Put this 2 files in your \WINDOWS\system32.
then create a batch/script using the following info and name it BUILDISO.CMD,
Put this script in the same folder with the others files in prior steps.
then run the script to create an ISO and burn it to your CD.
Taken from here. Hope this comes in handy