Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip
Menu

digit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip

Default Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip

NOTE: this is not my discovery/creation and the complete credit goes to the original author: Gamespirit who can be reached via his Spanish blog Gamespirit

Introduction:

This tutorial describes how to unlock the onboard Realtek ALC chip's locked features and to use Creative X-FI MB software without a creative soundcard, with onboard Realtek audio chip.
    These features include Dolby Advanced Audio v2, SRS Premium, Sonic Focus, DTS, THX Pro Studio, etc. Additionally, fetures such as Crystalizer, EAX Effects, X-Fi CMSS 3D, SVM, etc can me made available via Creative's X-Fi MD 2 software.
    Please note that these features will depend on which Realtek chip you have onboard (steps on how to check this is provided below). On my ALC 892, I got SRS Premium, Dolby Advanced v2, DTS for playback and Andrea microphone enhancement for recording.

System Requirements:

Supported OS: Windows 7 and 8 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)

Supported Chips (as mentioned at the source): ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC680, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267, ALC268, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC670, ALC275, ALC233, ALC284, ALC286, ALC292, ALC383, ALC668, ALC900

NOTE: the features unlocked will purely depend on the chip you have.

How to check onboard chip version:

To check which Realtek chip you have onboard, follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel and open 'Realtek HD Audio Manager'.
    2. In Realtek HD Audio Manager, click the 'i' button at the bottom-right corner.
    3. In the windows that opens, check the text written with 'Audio Codec' (eg. ALC892, 896), this is your onboard Realtek chip version. Only ALC chips are supported by this mod.

Stuff to download:

> Modded realtek drivers.
    > Creative X-FI MBII software

link: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6d957...052312C2%21218

download the latest versions as per your OS.

Steps to install modded drivers:
    Code:
    Windows 8 users need to disable "driver signature enforcement". Steps to do the same are below:

1. Open charms bar by pressing "Win + c".
    2. Select Settings > Change PC Settings > General.
    3. Click on "Restart now".
    4. Select Troubleshooting > Advanced > Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. Press 7 or F7 when prompted to disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    1. Extract the downloaded driver file.
    2. Run Setup.exe from the extracted location.
    3. The installer will ask to uninstall current audio drivers, allow it to do so. Reboot when prompted.
    4. After reboot, the modded driver installation will continue. Allow it to do so.
    5. If you get any warning about lack of digital signature by driver or something related to identity not verified, then select "Install anyways" to allow the installer to install modded drivers.
    6. Reboot when prompted.
    7. You are done.

NOTE: the features unlocked will purely depend on the chip you have.

Steps to use Creative X-FI MB II software:

1. Extract the downloaded creative software file.
    2. Run "setup.exe" from the extracted location.
    3. COmplete the installation. DO NOT RUN THE SOFTWARE NOW. Ignore any warnings about audio chip not supported.
    4. Boot into Safe Mode.
    5. Extract "Activator.7z" and run the activation file. this will allow to run Creative X-FI software on onboard Realtek chip.
    6. reebo normally.
    7. Enjoy.

Note: please make sure you use only 48 KHz as the default sound format, there may be playback problems above 48 KHz.

SRS Effect can be found in Realtek control panel. Other effects like SonicFocus, Dolby, DTS etc can be found under specific playback device settings. Steps to reach there are below:

1. Right click on volume icon in taskbar.
    2. Click on "Playback Devices".
    3. Double-click on the playback device you use, eg. speaker , headphones or digital audio.

here you fill find all the unlocked effects.

Any query, suggestion, comment is welcomed
    Last edited by harshilsharma63; 26-11-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Popular Gadget Deals
    Intel i3 2100 3.1GHz | EVM 2x2 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz | Intel DH61WW | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Corsair CX430v2 | Zebronics Oval | LG E2242C 22" FHD | Logitech MK200 | Seagate Extension 500 GB portable HDD | APC RS-600 UPS | Phillips SHP 2000 | Phillips SHE 3590PP | Nokia X2-00

There is only one success - self satisfaction.

Default Re: Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip

Great tutorial .. thanks to you for sharing and Gamespirit for creating this masterpiece .. going to try it out today.
    Who Dares Wins. No Retreat, No Surrender.

See if it works.. I got a Realtek ALC887.. will try tomorrow..
    THANKS for the tutorial mate

Is there any risk involved ?
    ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ Flex your dongers ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Thanks Harshil for sharing this with us.
    I have successfully used them.Though had some issues because I also had Razer Sorround enabled so it made a mess.And I also had manufacturer's default "Dolby Home Theater" add-ons.
    You have to run the .bat file in safe mode as an administrator in order to activate it.

It's working good.The THX Labs is not working for my audio chip , but most of other stuffs work fine.
    The audio quality improves significantly if you do not have any 3rd party add-on feature like "beats-audio" or "Dolby home-theater."

ASUS provides lower end audio chipsets like the ALC887 on most of it's boards.. I hope it works on it

Quote Originally Posted by Rishi. View Post
    I have successfully used them.Though had some issues because I also had Razer Sorround enabled so it made a mess.And I also had manufacturer's default "Dolby Home Theater" add-ons.
    You have to run the .bat file in safe mode as an administrator in order to activate it.

It's working good.The THX Labs is not working for my audio chip , but most of other stuffs work fine.
    The audio quality improves significantly if you do not have any 3rd party add-on feature like "beats-audio" or "Dolby home-theater."
    Which chipset do you have ?

ALC271x.

Are these the same s/w's that was discussed in "Useful freewares" thread?
    Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the internet!

I enabled SRS and indeed it was different..
    But I cant tell whether it was an improvement.. I cant tell guys, my ears suck

Note: please make sure you use only 48 KHz as the default sound format, there may be playback problems above 48 KHz.
    Which one ? 24bit studio quality 48 KhZ or 16 Bit DVD quality 48 KHZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    I enabled SRS and indeed it was different..
    But I cant tell whether it was an improvement.. I cant tell guys, my ears suck

Which one ? 24bit studio quality 48 KhZ or 16 Bit DVD quality 48 KHZ ?
    As long as its 48 KHz, it does not matter. BTW I got only 24 bit studio quality in ALC892.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishi. View Post

That should not be a problem. Even I have the modded driver as well as Razer Surround installed. razer Surround creates a separate virtual audio device and when it is activated, the Realtek devices automatically get disabled.

See if it works.. I got a Realtek ALC887.. will try tomorrow..
    THANKS for the tutorial mate

Is there any risk involved ?
    It may not work. that's the only risk involved. If that happens, reinstall the original realtek audio drivers and you are back with the original.
    Intel i3 2100 3.1GHz | EVM 2x2 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz | Intel DH61WW | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Corsair CX430v2 | Zebronics Oval | LG E2242C 22" FHD | Logitech MK200 | Seagate Extension 500 GB portable HDD | APC RS-600 UPS | Phillips SHP 2000 | Phillips SHE 3590PP | Nokia X2-00

Lastly, is there any goddamn way to improve download speed from skydrive -_-.. How do i download using IDM
    Force downloading isnt working :/

Nevermind, Internet Explorer did what chrome could not O_o

Human Spambot

does this modded driver work on 32bit windows 7 as file name contains 64bit?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

there's a different version for 32 bit.. download Win7_Win8_R271
    btw i went back to the original realtek drivers.. These modded drivers sounded terrible on my headphones..
    The so called SRS, dolby etc is clearly not meant for a weak chipset like ALC887

there's a different version for 32 bit.. download Win7_Win8_R271
    btw i went back to the original realtek drivers.. These modded drivers sounded terrible on my headphones..
    The so called SRS, dolby etc is clearly not meant for a weak chipset like ALC887
    Try disabling SRS.

I tried every possible combination.. it sounds nothing like the Virtual Surround Option in original Realtek Control Panel Drivers

Wise Old Owl

does it work with ALC3202 on my laptop

I'm not sure. You can try it (just a 50 MB zip).

I'm not sure. You can try it (just a 50 MB zip).

I've downloaded the GamerSpirit Win7_Win8_R271b X64 - is not that's a moded driver ? I though it's the latest moded driver or it's just the stock driver release from Realtek and we mst use the 2.67 moded driver only ?

Wise Old Owl

I tried every possible combination.. it sounds nothing like the Virtual Surround Option in original Realtek Control Panel Drivers
    Disable al other effects from realtek driver.

Quote Originally Posted by topgear View Post
    I've downloaded the GamerSpirit Win7_Win8_R271b X64 - is not that's a moded driver ? I though it's the latest moded driver or it's just the stock driver release from Realtek and we mst use the 2.67 moded driver only ?
    I originally downloaded "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" which worked perfectly. Now there's "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013.rar" available which didn't work in my case. try with 'GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM".

very nice discovery @harshil... i wonder if it will work on my HP G6 2303TX lappy.
    the_pwnzerschrek: Core i5-2400, Asus P8H67M-LE, 2x2GB Kingston 1333MHz, MSI R7770, Logitech G500, CX430v2, Seagate 1TB, Dell IN2030M, NZXT Gamma, APC350W, Win7 x64
    Audio: Signature Acoustics C-12, Sansa ClipZip[rockbox], Sonodyne SiA 320 + Sonus 2605 v3 :pray:
    Photography: Canon 1000D, Canon 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm, DigiTek DFL002 Speedlite
    PSN: anirbandd =:::= Micromax A63 =:::= Flickr: goo.gl/q0pNq

Quote Originally Posted by harshilsharma63 View Post
    I originally downloaded "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" which worked perfectly. Now there's "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013.rar" available which didn't work in my case. try with 'GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM".
    thanks for the info and I'll try with 2.70 then.

hardware can only do what its designed to do.
    if it does not have x-Fi technology then the driver is only making a fool out of you
    My Artwork>> www.niku4186.deviantart.com || http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/147200-artwork-thread.html
    PLAYSTATION FANBOY || PSN: niku4186 >> PSP || PSVITA || PS2 || PS3 || PS4 || PC >>AMD A4 5300 3.4GHz ::GeForce GT640 1GB :: 4GB DDR3 :: CX430v2 :: CM K380 :: Win8Pro
    Music Gear>> iPOD Classic 6Gen+Sennheiser 408 || Yamaha Pacifica 112......Twitter>> @miku4186

X fi is not a technology, its just a lineup of creative's sound cards. Here, the driver is doing nothing related to x fi. Its just unlocking the features of onboard realtek chip which are by default locked by the manufacturer.

X fi is not a technology, its just a lineup of creative's sound cards. Here, the driver is doing nothing related to x fi. Its just unlocking the features of onboard realtek chip which are by default locked by the manufacturer.
    still useless IMO
    My Artwork>> www.niku4186.deviantart.com || http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/147200-artwork-thread.html
    PLAYSTATION FANBOY || PSN: niku4186 >> PSP || PSVITA || PS2 || PS3 || PS4 || PC >>AMD A4 5300 3.4GHz ::GeForce GT640 1GB :: 4GB DDR3 :: CX430v2 :: CM K380 :: Win8Pro
    Music Gear>> iPOD Classic 6Gen+Sennheiser 408 || Yamaha Pacifica 112......Twitter>> @miku4186

Right Off the Assembly Line

Unhappy Re: Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip

Thanks buddy for share us this nice useful tips.

Quote Originally Posted by saumen View Post
    Thanks buddy for share us this nice useful tips.
    You're welcome

am I missing something or there's no "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" driver to download :

XHiCjss.png

anyway, I'll try with GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM.

Excellent share. I removed my xifi music soundcard few months back due to limited space and to give some breath for the graphics card. Always wondered I'd get back the quality of creative but now after using these modded drivers and some tweaking I guess I'm closer enough.

Btw, do the creative MB softwares work or we just left with choosing the options from device properties? Because I don't see Creative console launcher working and always getting terminated with an error " No compatible audio device found" or similar.

Installed GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271b X64.rar and Creative X-FI MB 2012 Ultimo -Gamespirit.rar as described in my HTPC rig, works like a charm. In my case, it enables SRS, Sonic Focus, Dolby & DTS in my Realtek chip (ALC889A). XFi effects are working too, though I didn't like them. Audio output over HDMI out of the graphics card is untouched. Not sure if that is because I haven't uninstalled anything.

Thanks OP for the heads up, will test in my main rig too.
    Gaming Rig:i7 2600K | N620 | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | 2x4GB RipjawsX DDR3 1600 | Vertex 3 120GB | Logitech G510 | Logitech G400 | Sapphire HD6950 1GB | BenQ G2420HD | Corsair HX750 | Lancool K62 | Wireless Xbox 360 Controller
    HTPC Rig: C2D E7400 | EP45-DS3R | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | MS Wireless Desktop 2000 | Gigabyte 5770 | Samsung 32" | Seasonic SII 520W | Silverstone LC10
    Audio Gear: Altec Lansing VS2421 | ASUS Vulcan ANC | HiFiMan RE-0
    Storage: 2x250GB Ext | 3x500GB Int | 2x1TB Int | 1x1TB Ext | 3x2TB Int | 2x2TB Ext
    Android: Galaxy R | Moto E

Random bump!